Sunday, May 13, 2007

I admit it

I was all consumerist for mothers day.
I bought a card and an orchid and off I went. I hate it, but I hate these stupid holidays so much, but with my family who are all really into that stuff, it just looks like I don't care.
If I didn't hate it so much I wouldn't put it off until the last minute when I come up with some great ideas that of course take a while to put together.

Of course I think what my mom appreciated more was that I faced the hoard that is our extended family for her. And gods, I was in no good mood for it. Yipe. I'm a bit of a black sheep in the family already, and most of them, okay, practically all of them don't know I'm poly and kinky and they probably don't know how feminist I am. I've avoided politics in my family since my grandfather called me a "naive little girl" for my views. As the personal life goes, there is a lot of editing. I do my best to not out and out lie, but I certainly omit a lot.

So now, I know I don't have many, if any readers yet, but if you do happen to stumble upon this, how open are you to your family about your life? And this goes for everybody, do they know basically what you do everyday? If you are some flavor of queer, do they know? Do they know the nitty-gritty or more big picture?

No comments: